- Note: Use this format for official CERN announcements as well as unofficial announcements
- A short, timely snippet of information
- Describes the who, what, why, where and when
- Appears in the CERN people section, for CERN people
- Focuses on a single result or event
- Comments and quotations optional – this is a “newsflash” type report
Controlling chemical hazards
Improving protection against chemical hazards is one of the 2012 CERN safety objectives identified by the Director General. Identifying and drawing up a complete inventory of chemicals, and assessing the associated risks are important steps in this direction.
The HSE Unit has drawn up safety rules, guidelines and forms to help you to meet this objective. We would like to draw your attention to:
- safety guidelines C-0-0-1 and C-1-0-2 (now also available in French), which deal with the identification of hazardous chemicals and the assessment of chemical risk;
- safety guideline C-1-0-1, which deals with the storage of hazardous chemicals.
Please contact the HSE Unit for any questions you may have.
The HSE Unit